yes

New PC

13 posts in this topic

Im looking to get a new PC for around under $700, any suggestions?

Posted (edited)

If you could stretch it a bit more or save a bit more money you could build a decent AMD based PC for just over 900 bucks

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

Buying a cheap PC is a big mistake, trust me I have made that mistake a few times..
It will be more expensive long term, because it will break/fail prematurely..
Trust me, when it comes to a PC you gotta spend a fortune to save a buck in the long term.

Edited by Huge285

AMD - Vomits.

I would recommend u bump ur budget up to 800.

The margin u get for the last 100 bucks makes ur pc last the next 4 years and not the next 2 years.

example: https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-GXiVR8060A7-i5-9400F-GeForce-802-11AC/dp/B07PKXQBHN/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=PC&qid=1562892634&rnid=2941120011&s=pc&sr=1-3

u could probably find it without mouse and keyboard for less. anyways good luck finding 1.

Posted (edited)

well I built my PC with AMD witha price range around 600 - 700 runs well for the games I play ":x"

Edited by ^LoneFOx^
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you're going budget buy an AMD Ryzen 5 2600. It puts out probably 15% less performance than a 8th or 9th gen intel and it's literally 60% of the price. Which is an amazing bang for your buck.

For a graphics card I'd recommend buying an AMD RX 580 they're running for about sub 200 dollars so on a good day you can easily pick one up for 180 dollars.

Other than those two which are probably the most important parts. A 550W power supply will do you good. Along with 8Gig of RAM. A 1-2TB Western Digital Blue and if you're really cheeky an optimal drive.

All that together with maybe a new mouse and keyboard will run you about 700-800 dollars, and assembly is super easy too.

Although I don't use the Ryzen 5 Processor I've been using the 580 and it's easily able to churn out great performance for 1080p ultra settings game. If you want any more recs I'd be glad to help you.

Edited by Oosik

Noone bothered to ask if maybe a laptop would suit their needs better, so laptop or desktop?

I just bought a PC from Ironside computers, they have PCs for all budgets and they’re are amazing to deal with. Packaging was great and the shipping was faster than expected, every PC is tested before it’s shipped and comes with a 5 year warranty @yes

You can even pick your own parts and they will assemble for you, lots of cases to choose from as well as an amazing selection of parts for AMD and Intel.

https://ironsidecomputers.com/

12 hours ago, Assassin Mike said:

I just bought a PC from Ironside computers, they have PCs for all budgets and they’re are amazing to deal with. Packaging was great and the shipping was faster than expected, every PC is tested before it’s shipped and comes with a 5 year warranty @yes

You can even pick your own parts and they will assemble for you, lots of cases to choose from as well as an amazing selection of parts for AMD and Intel.

https://ironsidecomputers.com/

U mean I found a pc u bought :)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’m going to say this, don’t buy prebuilt it’s a scam. 

Other than that, recommend a ryzen build, ryzen 5 1600 or 2600 will do you fine. B450 mobo of your choice, if you choose the 2600, but if you chose the 1600 you will need to get a b350 board. I recommend not going with msi for choosing your mobo as well. Graphics card is really anything from a gtx 1050 to rx 580 8gb for budget purposes but you can pull out with a rtx 2070 for a bit more with better preformemce. PSU you should be good with a 550 bronze. And any case from Corsair is good, doesn’t have to be them but I like there designs. And 8gb of DDR4 should be good for memory. If you want you can buy a m.2 but those are a bit expensive, 1 Tb m.2 is as much as a 5tb wb hdd. 

Edited by ThatsNotLogical

I wouldn't say it's a SCAM, but you can get better value for money if you assemble your self.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, ThatsNotLogical said:

I’m going to say this, don’t buy prebuilt it’s a scam. 

Other than that, recommend a ryzen build, ryzen 5 1600 or 2600 will do you fine. B450 mobo of your choice, if you choose the 2600, but if you chose the 1600 you will need to get a b350 board. I recommend not going with msi for choosing your mobo as well. Graphics card is really anything from a gtx 1050 to rx 580 8gb for budget purposes but you can pull out with a rtx 2070 for a bit more with better preformemce. PSU you should be good with a 550 bronze. And any case from Corsair is good, doesn’t have to be them but I like there designs. And 8gb of DDR4 should be good for memory. If you want you can buy a m.2 but those are a bit expensive, 1 Tb m.2 is as much as a 5tb wb hdd. 

It’s not a scam, of course they have to make money assembling the PC’s. I priced all the parts and shipping to build my PC and compared it to IronsideComputers and they only charged me 200 dollars for assembly, setup/testing and packaging. So with my work schedule and the hours I work it was a no brainer 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not to mention I haven’t worked on a PC in 5 years haha. There customer service and warranty are amazing so that’s a big bonus imo.

Edited by Assassin Mike

On 8/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, Assassin Mike said:

It’s not a scam, of course they have to make money assembling the PC’s. I priced all the parts and shipping to build my PC and compared it to IronsideComputers and they only charged me 200 dollars for assembly, setup/testing and packaging. So with my work schedule and the hours I work it was a no brainer 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not to mention I haven’t worked on a PC in 5 years haha. There customer service and warranty are amazing so that’s a big bonus imo.

Dont let them judge you Mikey Boi, I had mine preassembled too. Leave it to the professionals. I have since upgraded parts, but it was nice to have it installed properly and ready to play upon arrival.

• Like 1