Tring

I fixed Unions_multiworlds

8 posts in this topic

i fixed ba_jail_unions_multiworlds with a simple console command but the new version is incompatible with the server's. If you guys want to upload the map to the jb server rename it so people don't have to go into their cstrike files and delete the old one. I have images so you can tell the difference between the versions.

ba_jail_unions_multiworlds.bsp

20190807140510_1.jpg

20190807140907_1.jpg

did you rebuild the cubemaps? they don't seem to work for me unless I rebuild them myself, and even then the map's env_cubemap placement is so bad that it isn't even worth it. black/no reflection usually does look better than the default cubemap though
also, please don't rename maps after building cubemaps -- cubemaps (and some other things) depend on the map's filename being the same as it was when the cubemaps were built. I've seen so many mappers do this

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, biggles said:

did you rebuild the cubemaps? they don't seem to work for me unless I rebuild them myself, and even then the map's env_cubemap placement is so bad that it isn't even worth it. black/no reflection usually does look better than the default cubemap though
also, please don't rename maps after building cubemaps -- cubemaps (and some other things) depend on the map's filename being the same as it was when the cubemaps were built. I've seen so many mappers do this

yeah that's exactly it. I think the shitty placement is better than no cubemaps at all. The server doesn't use default cubemaps for the skybox when they haven't been built so it's ugly and bright white.

also, I don't think renaming the map affects the cubemaps at least in my experience

Edited by Tring

5 hours ago, | NOFD | Who Dat Nation said:

Help a brother out... What was wrong and what did you fix?

look at the bed frames in each picture

Thats awesome Tring. Does it fix the fps drop most people get from playing on the map? Also is it on the server yet?

9 hours ago, cow said:

Thats awesome Tring. Does it fix the fps drop most people get from playing on the map? Also is it on the server yet?

no, this map has a leak (basically a hole in the world) which breaks bsp visibility and causes the entirety of the map to render at all times. while it's a really easy fix, most jb maps unfortunately have leaks for whatever reason but the edit here is unrelated