Resitini

Laptop Issue

6 posts in this topic

Alright boys, here’s the situation:

So, I have a Laptop that I’ve had for 6 years now. I’m still using and it’s soon to be or already on it’s last legs. It is an Acer Laptop. Here is the specific name of the laptop: Aspire ES1-512-P9GT. Not sure if that helps, but why not. Anyways, the issue is, when I turned on my laptop the other day, a message popped up and said “No Bootable Device”. I decided to watch videos, ask some friends and I’m not completely sure what to do at this point. I eventually watched a video, went into the BIOS settings and changed two things. I did that, and got to a different message. The message said reboot things again and other messages. Regardless, this is weird and I’m not as skilled to these kind of things, and so any help or responses would be appreciated. Thanks! 

• Like 1

Sounds like you might have a Hard Drive or Solid State Drive problem. You may need to replace the hard drive in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Sounds like you might have a Hard Drive or Solid State Drive problem. You may need to replace the hard drive in it.

That would be my guess. Basically it can't boot because what Windows was installed on wasn't working, such as your SSD. Easy rather cheap fix if thats the problem.

• Like 1

Sounds like your hard drive is fucked or you changed something and the computer isn’t trying to boot of the HDD, go into your bios and make sure it’s booting to HDD not a CDROM or other devices.

• Like 1

FINAL UPDATE: Okay, so I’m getting a new laptop all together. Thanks for all the help and the inputs you guys had. It really means a lot. I should be back on JB/Steam as a whole very soon! 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Resitini said:

FINAL UPDATE: Okay, so I’m getting a new laptop all together. Thanks for all the help and the inputs you guys had. It really means a lot. I should be back on JB/Steam as a whole very soon! 😆

Yay

• Like 1