Sign in to follow this  
Noob

Mouse wheel bhopping

3 posts in this topic

I'm not very tech savvy so bare with me please. I use my mouse wheel to jump. Other people say they use "macros" and something else I forget the term used. But someone mentioned something about using a the mouse wheel to jump could result in a ban because of something. I'm just curious if me using my mouse wheel to jump could result in me getting banned first and foremost but could someone explain what a "macro" is?

Thanks, 

Noob

No, mousescrolling to bhop won't get you banned in most normal circumstances. It will ban you however if you have a hyperscroll i.e. you scroll and your scroll wheel keeps spinning super fast. Now I will explain the data admins see when they check your jump stats, and it might help you understand bhopping and the ways to cheat it better.

Flagged: 0 || Perf: 56.4% || Avg: 3.6 / 329.6 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 5 4 4 6 4 4 2 5 4 4 6 4 4 6 3 4 3 2 2 2 2 5 4 5 5 3 5 3 6 4

Basically there are 2 important things to look at the perf and the numbers after last. The perf is basically how well they are hitting their jumps and a good player can reach really high perf (70%+) making them look suspicious. The next thing you should see is the numbers after last. They are basically the # of jumps the player did after they are off the ground and until they hit the ground again. This is what a player who is bhopping with mousewheel will usually look like. It could be more jumps inbetween or some jumps might be crazy high  or really low. Even if it was higher average jumps like 10 jumps it could be because of their mousewheel scrolling more. Either way their jumps will always be a little inconsistent. If your just starting to bhop you don't have to worry about being banned, you just wont be good enough for the system to think your cheating.

Flagged: 0 || Perf: 4.0% || Avg: 21.6 / 325.3 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 23 21 21 33 18 20 22 21 10 3 19 24 21 22 21 20 20 20 21 22 21 22 22 21 22 20 20 23 22 21

A hyper scroll will look like this and just spam a ton of jumps. They are also usually really bad unless you know what you are doing. I believe their is some way to limit fps to make them better and other weird tricks, but really it is better to use a macro or hack instead, so personally i dont think they should be bannable unless obviously using it in a unfair way.

Some mice, keyboards, or programs will allow you to create macros/scripts which basically jump for you when you hold the assigned key or toggle it. (razer synapse, authotkey, or a cfg are examples) Basically they will either spam jump or jump perfect for you before you hit the ground. They are most noticeable on a flat surface.

Flagged: 1 || Perf: 76.0% || Avg: 19.7/ 279.7 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 20 20 21 20 20 20 20 20 21 20 20 20 20 20 21 15 21 14 19 15 17 18 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 pattern jumps

Flagged: 1 || Perf: 76.0% || Avg: 19.7/ 279.7 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 4 1 1 1 1 pattern jumps

While they can send out similar results as a hyperscroll if its 70%+ perf with high jumps like that it doesn't matter what it is since its not legit and clearly unfair. They can also have a longer delay between jumps to still get a good perf and may just be consistently all 1's or 5's etc. the only thing that would mess them up is uneven ground because they were designed for even ground. Really the difference between a hyperscroll or macro doesn't matter if they are benefiting from it in an unfair way.

These are all currently bannable but they wont get you vac banned or w/e so do it on any server you dont care about ;). Hacks on the other hand you inject into your game and will get you vac banned. I wont describe their patterns since really they can be modified any way the user wants. If the hack is good enough you can force yourself to look legit and stay at below 70% perf consistently. Or be 90% perf with all 1's for jumps regardless of terrain.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, !NickelPlated45 said:

No, mousescrolling to bhop won't get you banned in most normal circumstances. It will ban you however if you have a hyperscroll i.e. you scroll and your scroll wheel keeps spinning super fast. Now I will explain the data admins see when they check your jump stats, and it might help you understand bhopping and the ways to cheat it better.

Flagged: 0 || Perf: 56.4% || Avg: 3.6 / 329.6 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 5 4 4 6 4 4 2 5 4 4 6 4 4 6 3 4 3 2 2 2 2 5 4 5 5 3 5 3 6 4

Basically there are 2 important things to look at the perf and the numbers after last. The perf is basically how well they are hitting their jumps and a good player can reach really high perf (70%+) making them look suspicious. The next thing you should see is the numbers after last. They are basically the # of jumps the player did after they are off the ground and until they hit the ground again. This is what a player who is bhopping with mousewheel will usually look like. It could be more jumps inbetween or some jumps might be crazy high  or really low. Even if it was higher average jumps like 10 jumps it could be because of their mousewheel scrolling more. Either way their jumps will always be a little inconsistent. If your just starting to bhop you don't have to worry about being banned, you just wont be good enough for the system to think your cheating.

Flagged: 0 || Perf: 4.0% || Avg: 21.6 / 325.3 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 23 21 21 33 18 20 22 21 10 3 19 24 21 22 21 20 20 20 21 22 21 22 22 21 22 20 20 23 22 21

A hyper scroll will look like this and just spam a ton of jumps. They are also usually really bad unless you know what you are doing. I believe their is some way to limit fps to make them better and other weird tricks, but really it is better to use a macro or hack instead, so personally i dont think they should be bannable unless obviously using it in a unfair way.

Some mice, keyboards, or programs will allow you to create macros/scripts which basically jump for you when you hold the assigned key or toggle it. (razer synapse, authotkey, or a cfg are examples) Basically they will either spam jump or jump perfect for you before you hit the ground. They are most noticeable on a flat surface.

Flagged: 1 || Perf: 76.0% || Avg: 19.7/ 279.7 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 20 20 21 20 20 20 20 20 21 20 20 20 20 20 21 15 21 14 19 15 17 18 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 pattern jumps

Flagged: 1 || Perf: 76.0% || Avg: 19.7/ 279.7 || PLAYER_NAME_HERE<CLIENT_INDEX_HERE><STEAM_ID_HERE><> || Map: MAP_NAME_HERE || Last: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 4 1 1 1 1 pattern jumps

While they can send out similar results as a hyperscroll if its 70%+ perf with high jumps like that it doesn't matter what it is since its not legit and clearly unfair. They can also have a longer delay between jumps to still get a good perf and may just be consistently all 1's or 5's etc. the only thing that would mess them up is uneven ground because they were designed for even ground. Really the difference between a hyperscroll or macro doesn't matter if they are benefiting from it in an unfair way.

These are all currently bannable but they wont get you vac banned or w/e so do it on any server you dont care about ;). Hacks on the other hand you inject into your game and will get you vac banned. I wont describe their patterns since really they can be modified any way the user wants. If the hack is good enough you can force yourself to look legit and stay at below 70% perf consistently. Or be 90% perf with all 1's for jumps regardless of terrain.

Thank you for clarifying and giving insight. Honestly, I'm to noob and computers to figure out how to do scripts, hacks or anything of the nature. I had to google "how to jump using mouse wheel on CSS" to jump using mouse wheel.... lol.

But thank you for the information, I'm just glad I wont be banned using my mouse wheel.