Sign in to follow this  
OhhDandy

[Jailbreak] Q&A Thread

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Q&A Thread for Jailbreak

This thread is NOT an official rule set. These answers may be subject to change in the future and should always be checked with the highest ranking member on the server at any given time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL RULES ARE LISTED

------> HERE <------

The idea behind this thread is to have a collective space for all players to ask questions and receive answers with linked sources where necessary.

These questions, once answered, will be updated on the main post to become easily accessible for both players and members of the moderation team to quickly refer to. I will look through previous question posts and source them to this thread.

Keywords will be attached with each question in order for everyone to quickly find anything they may need to know using CTRL + F. 

When posting a question you please only post the question itself and requests for clarification to any answer(s) you receive.

To keep spam of this thread to a minimum, I ask that if you see a question that has been answered, refrain from input.
I will check each answer to make sure it is liable and is correct. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search Tags

Repeats, Freeze, Games, Secret, Armoury, Favouritism, Kill, Warnings

O.Q = Original Quote.

Where words may have been changed due to context of the question for the purposes of this thread

Answered Questions
(All answered questions are quoted word for word from their original source)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: T asking for a repeat should be frozen until the repeat is given or not?

A: If terrorist are asking for repeats they should remain frozen until given a repeat so they can perform the given command by the warden correctly to prevent being killed by the warden. - Provided by Noob 

[Source Tag - Repeats]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Can you Talk while AFK Frozen? Microphone + text

A: Mic/text communication is allowed while AFK frozen. If a warden kills for that it is considered a freekill. - Provided by Indi

[Source Tag - Freeze]

Q: Should Wardens be allowed to order Ts to enter a harmful game that has already began?

A: No. That should not be allowed.  - Provided by Duckii / Extension by OhhDandy, confirmed with Nation.

Extension: This will only apply to UNFAIR games. i.e. if T's have previously entered BEFORE the game had started.

[Source Tag - Games]

Q: If you see a T use the big cage secret but then uses the door to armoury before the CT goes down, can a CT follow them?

A: CT's can exit a secret if they are trapped in there via another secret if it is the only exit. - Provided by OhhDandy (confirmed by Nation)

[Source Tag - Secret]

Q: Is against the rules to re-enter armoury after 6:30 as a ct.

A: Unless a T is seen inside / seen going into the armoury, CT's should NOT be re-entering unless they have exited through a explored, open vent. - Provided by OhhDandy

[Source Tag - Armoury]

Q: Can CT's peek into armoury? (includes door use)

A: As long as - You’re not entering and you’re not using a secret. - Provided by Assassin Mike

[Source Tag - Armoury]

Q: Would it be favouritism if i didn't let every terrorist go to medic if I only shot one?

A: As of now, it is not required to let every T heal. - Provided by Dunder

[Source Tag - Favouritism]

Q: CT's cant kill T's which are stuck in a cage with no way of escaping. Does this also count for T's that are stuck in each other and not able to move?

A: You should !wub in -games- [O.Q "this case"], if they are stuck they have no chance really. If they are rebels it’s fair game. - Provided by Assassin Mike

[Source Tag - Kill]

Q: Can I stand up after I do an order like "crouch to my spray and freeze"?

A: If they want you to continue crouching they must give the "crouch remain crouching" after every "freeze" order. - Provided by Noob

[Source Tag - Freeze]

Q: Ruling for other orders during simon says after they got told to be frozen?

A:  Freeze means they have the option to stand or crouch. The only thing affected when being told to freeze is crouching/standing.   - Provided by Noob

[Source Tag - Freeze]

Q: Would pressing a game button with T's inside as a T be a bannable offense?

A: This would be a slay unless the player keeps repeating this. Then it would lead to a ban. - Provided by Assassin Mike

[Source - Tag - Teamkill]

Q: Do CT's need to warn if 'Jumping is restricted' order is given during a round?

A: For example. Restricting jumping playing colors "Ct's can kill" If a T jumps playing colors they can be killed without warning. "T's go to my spray no jumping" Non warden CT's must WARN. - Provided by Noob

[Community Meeting  - Tag - Warnings]

Q: Are ninja steps KOS?

A: If you take more than 1 step out of your cell and ninja step, AFTER ORDERS you can be KOS'd. - Provided by Indi

Extension;- Please note that the current rules stat that anyone out of cells when the warden has NOT opened them can be KOS'd with more than 1 step.

[Community Meeting  - Tag - Kill]

Q: If T's get stuck using a secret teleport, can I kill them?

A: KOS, rebels don't get !wub. - Provided by Assassin Mike

[Source - Tag - Kill]

Q: Why can we kill AFK's in cell without warning?

A: They are basically Label'd as rebels for not attempting the order. - Provided by OhhDandy

[Source  - Tag - Warnings]

Q:  Can a T knife a baiting CT while AFK frozen?

A:  If you knife while AFK frozen, you are not AFK frozen CT's must warn, Warden(s) can kill. - Provided by OhhDandy

[Source Tag - Kill]

Q: 

A: 

Edited by OhhDandy

Posted (edited)

Further read 

Be sure to check with the current rules list BEFORE using these other guides. They may be out of date and irrelevant with the new rule set. The above post is NOT the officially enforced rules.

Questions in "Things you might not know" thread;

On 9/6/2019 at 9:48 PM, Isuck said:

and what I'm supposed to do as a t if the warden pick more then 5 people? also is this slayable?

report extra kills as FK.

note-  Rebel kills are obviously not taken into the game kill count. so a CT might kill 7 people, 3 of which could be rebels. so just check that it is extra kills for the game and not rebels

On 3/21/2020 at 5:51 AM, Swamp (Jelly-Monster) said:

Do we get to use secrets or normal methods to enter the armory to find them or is it something that needs to be waited out for the T to leave the area? I just wanted details on that as people have been mixed on responses in game.

Whether this has changed in the month I've been away, I've always seen the following enforced in these situations,

1. CTs shouldn't be entering armory without seeing a T inside.

2. If you see a T in armory you can enter it as usual, if you need a secret to enter then you can't go in. You'll need to wait or find an alternative way to get the rebeler that doesnt involve going in a secret.

I'd personally avoid shooting through secrets, idk how mods enforce that kind of 'window' use of a secret, never checked  but i know shooting through one sided walls is considered as using a secret. 

3. CTs can explore broken vents, not to be abused (only explore it once and must be visibly open, not no-collided vents), so if you explore one into armory and they are there then you're good to kill. 

Im not active on the servers right now so look at this and cross check it with the rules before trying to enforce it as a ct.

This thread is more than likely out-dated with current situations and how they may now be handled. 

Hope this helps, but again check the current rules and active mods, they may enforce differently. 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:40 PM, Lucker23 said:

Did you mean to say "If it gives you an edge, you are considered/become a rebel.

Could anyone clarify this one? I mean if there is skill-based task I have seen sometimes Wardens not showing the actual demonstration of the task.

Overall helpful topic.  +1

Nades are just kos, i will re-word that last bit tho.

Second one is referring to existing map games. For example, you would still need to demonstrate a climb that IS ON the map IF you ask the T's to do something like Bhop up it in X amount of goes. Map games being used as they are intended do not require a demonstration but adding elements such as bhop would make it skill based.

Edited by OhhDandy

Reserved for edits.

Post any questions below for an answer, all will be added to main post

Posted (edited)

being afk is like delaying the orders but CT's can still kill afks without a warning why is that?

Edited by Isaac

19 minutes ago, Isaac said:

being afk is like delaying the orders but CT's can still kill afks without a warning why is that?

Failure to do orders / actively failing to do them is rebeling. Basically labelling them as a rebel for not following round start orders.

Posted (edited)

Would pressing a game button with T's inside as a T be a bannable offense?

Edited by Kartofel

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 10:08 PM, Kartofel said:

Would pressing a game button with T's inside as a T be a bannable offense?

I know using secrets that kill can cause a slay but I've not seen mod interactions for games, usually a warden will kill anyone who starts it. If the game has ended and the Ts are leaving id assume it would warrent a slay for TK as they arent playing the game, same if a T fell in then was killed but im not sure on an official enforement for this. @Noob @Assassin Mike 

Edited by OhhDandy

How is telling T's to face away from cells wordplay? And if it is then how are you allowed to tell T's where to face to begin with?

10 hours ago, Wildthang94 said:

How is telling T's to face away from cells wordplay? And if it is then how are you allowed to tell T's where to face to begin with?

I'm pretty sure that you cannot tell a T what way to face unless it is AFK freeze. someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong, though. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Wildthang94 said:

This isn’t word play, if this is rewarding your ctban, you told t’s to afk freeze twice the proceeded to kill 3-4 t’s thus becoming a mfk. You can tell them to face any direction, anywhere on the map as long as you use afk freeze once.

correct me if I’m wrong higher ups

Edited by Mario

13 hours ago, Wildthang94 said:

Wardens can tell T's to face any direction as long as it is an AFK freeze.

Word play would occur when you give multiple directions / confusing orders such as 1 step out look away from your cell and AFK freeze facing your cell.

Posted (edited)

This is really specific, and I'm not sure if this is where to post, but is knifing the breakable cell wall (to get the smoke grenade) in SpyVsSpy considered KOS?

Jw because I got tapped in the head for it, I know you guys consider knifing a secret KOS, but surely that isn't a secret as it's not giving any real advantage (i.e. a gun or mad superpower). Never seen any JB server kill for knifing it before so would like a solid answer so I can avoid knifing it in future.

Edited by GeorgeLAD

@GeorgeLAD

Regardless of what advantage a secret offers, using/knifing them is KOS as a terrorist no matter what. Even knifing fake vents is considered KOS.

19 minutes ago, beksinski said:

@GeorgeLAD

Regardless of what advantage a secret offers, using/knifing them is KOS as a terrorist no matter what. Even knifing fake vents is considered KOS.

So you're saying the wall is a secret?

@GeorgeLAD

yes, the wall you knifed on SpyvSpy is a secret and knifing it is KOS

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, beksinski said:

@GeorgeLAD

yes, the wall you knifed on SpyvSpy is a secret and knifing it is KOS

So therefore the wall you knife in cells to get armour, and the wall you can knife to connect the two cells on jb_mlcastle are both also secrets and can be considered KOS?

Maybe it's possible to get specifics on what is considered a secret? My bad if there's already a thread/discussion about this on here already.

Edited by GeorgeLAD

Posted (edited)
Just now, GeorgeLAD said:

So therefore the wall you knife in cells to get armour, and the wall you can knife to connect the two cells on jb_mlcastle are both also secrets and can be considered KOS?

Maybe it's possible to get specifics on what is considered a secret? My bad if there's already a thread/discussion about this on here already.

A secret is anything (almosy) on the map which gives you an advantage to rebel that normally you're not supposed to have. such as a vent in cell, or a teleport in cell (like the toilet TP on carecris), the thing which you knifed that gave you amour on spy vs spy, an area which isn't normally visible but leads you to another room on the map (like VIP cell on razor). hidden area with weapon, etc.  Fake vent as well.

btw regarding earlier , you didn't just knife the regular wall, you knifed the wall which had the armour. If it was a fake vent, it still would've been KOS.

Edited by Chaos Boss

Posted (edited)

@GeorgeLAD

Things that constitute as a secret are as following;

Guns outside of CT specific areas (i.e. armoury or CT only access) 

ANY breakable wall that either connects to a cell, conceals a gun/nade/teleport. Cell hopping in itself is KOS.

In cell armour buttons, though i personally don't see much need for these to be a secret but they are

Invisible / visible buttons / triggers that open another secret or teleport (I.e. pressing E on the VIP cell lights on office, breaking the snow man head on avalanche) 

Fake vents / active vents - Vents on spy switch but knifing either is still KOS.

- Maps with a vent in every cell would be considered the same but I personally wouldn't go too harsh on being a CT if that is the case. I would also be lean on maps such as minecraft where the back of cells can break, there's no real need to act on it unless it's a significant vent imo.

In regards to your question, not everything that breaks is kos, such as the blocks on minecraft unless you are accessing SOMETHING by doing it. Most in cell breakables give you access to another cell / nade or vent. 

Edited by OhhDandy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If several T's are rebelling, and they all go into a teleport at the same time and get stuck (One example would be the teleporter to armory in Jurassic), would they still be KOS, or would killing them be considered 'fish in a barrel'?

Edited by Kartofel

2 minutes ago, Kartofel said:

If several T's are rebelling, and they all go into a teleport at the same time and get stuck (One example would be the teleporter to armory in Jurassic), would they still be KOS, or would killing them be considered 'fish in a barrel'?

KOS. 

Maybe dont use the tele at the same time?

Lol.

I guess?

34 minutes ago, Noob said:

KOS. 

Maybe dont use the tele at the same time?

Lol.

I guess?

That sounds about right cuz they rebelled on purpose...

14 minutes ago, Mario said:

That sounds about right cuz they rebelled on purpose...

The I guess part

Was a joke.

If they are rebelling, fuckem. 

"Can you turn wub on we are stuck" 

No? Lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kartofel said:

KOS, rebels don't get !wub.

• Thanks 1

1. If the cell doors are opened before warden gives orders or leaves armory, are all Ts outside of their cells considered rebelling?

(ex. a T spawns in isolation, uses secret to open isolation, then opens cells)

2. Can CT's KOS based off of kill-feed? 

(ex. A CT runs into pool and dies to a T that no CTs knew was rebelling, if CTs didn't see him die, can they still call a KOS on the T?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this