Sign in to follow this  
Biggus Diccus

Oculus Quest VR Headset

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I just ordered one. Been wanting one for a while, I should have bought it before the pandemic cuz I would have gotten it cheaper then. But I'm excited, I tried PS VR and smart phone VR head sets before. This one is supposed to be completely cordless and standalone. No PC required.

Anybody here play VR? If so, tell me your favorite things to do. Favorite games, favorite activities, etc. What's your favorite thing about VR? I feel like the menu screens are going to be cool. I mean, it's an all in one unit. Should have youtube netflix and other apps I hope.

It's gonna take a week or 2 to get shipped out to me.

Edited by Biggus Diccus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on back order, waiting for the Valve Index. I don't think the one wire is going to be an issue. The reason I want this one versus others is because I want it to be tied to my computer. I have a really good computer already, and can easily support it. It will take 8weeks for it to ship, so I will update you when I actually receive it.

 

image.thumb.png.8a742f814662f17777cc719490004a86.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, | NOFD | Who Dat Nation said:

I am on back order, waiting for the Valve Index. I don't think the one wire is going to be an issue. The reason I want this one versus others is because I want it to be tied to my computer. I have a really good computer already, and can easily support it. It will take 8weeks for it to ship, so I will update you when I actually receive it.

 

image.thumb.png.8a742f814662f17777cc719490004a86.png

Oh hell yeah, you got the good one. I was debating on whether to get a PC headset or not. My rooms a little small, so I figured I'd use the standalone Quest in my living room where there's more space. I'll probably regret it; but oh well. VR is VR lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a valve index, currently my favorite thing in VR to do is play pavlov TTT. My favorite thing is how nice the sense of community is, it almost feels like you're talking face to face with someone from real life in VR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope some steam games will get ported to Oculus. Not sure what my selection of games are gonna be like. But if there's no Steam support (which I doubt there is) I hope to find some really cool games worth actually playing rather than just messing around on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Biggus Diccus said:

I hope some steam games will get ported to Oculus. Not sure what my selection of games are gonna be like. But if there's no Steam support (which I doubt there is) I hope to find some really cool games worth actually playing rather than just messing around on.

Yeah that was another reason I spent the extra money...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my headset in march although I did order it in December. Personally I like it! I got mine whenever the entire Vader Immortal bundle was apart of it so I usually play that. I play that and uh....whats its name? I can't think of it but its a social game. Its like vrchat. Its free. ANyways, you should stay away from vr chat because tbh, it sucks on the quest UNLESS you use the quest link and link your charging cable to your pc. Then you also have steam vr games. Pretty cool. THe only thing that sucks is that I have glasses so it is kinda hard for me to play the games for long periods of time. It also doesnt look the best sadly, but its whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never tried vr whats it like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 5:36 PM, Omni King Fox said:

I got my headset in march although I did order it in December. Personally I like it! I got mine whenever the entire Vader Immortal bundle was apart of it so I usually play that. I play that and uh....whats its name? I can't think of it but its a social game. Its like vrchat. Its free. ANyways, you should stay away from vr chat because tbh, it sucks on the quest UNLESS you use the quest link and link your charging cable to your pc. Then you also have steam vr games. Pretty cool. THe only thing that sucks is that I have glasses so it is kinda hard for me to play the games for long periods of time. It also doesnt look the best sadly, but its whatever.

it comes with a plastic eyeglass spacer that goes underneath the face rest. allows like 2mm of distance between the lenses and your glasses. recently i invested in a pair of headphones, a link cable, and a silicone mask cover. the link cable turns your quest into a rift-s and honestly, worth it. can access all steam vr games and you get full access to VR chat (no more hidden avatars) and the link cable seems to pull resources from the pc for an extra boost in performance and frame rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, Biggus Diccus said:

it comes with a plastic eyeglass spacer that goes underneath the face rest. allows like 2mm of distance between the lenses and your glasses. recently i invested in a pair of headphones, a link cable, and a silicone mask cover. the link cable turns your quest into a rift-s and honestly, worth it. can access all steam vr games and you get full access to VR chat (no more hidden avatars) and the link cable seems to pull resources from the pc for an extra boost in performance and frame rates.

How much was it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the Index, but I have really poor vision, and cannot wear glasses with it on, and can't wear contacts in general. I'm looking into getting prescriptions lenses for it, but I have to get an eye exam and COVID kinda put a hold on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got a quest a while ago, its dope. Lots of fun and I spent most of the time in beatsaber, modding it and such. Pavlov more recently and that's a blast too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this