Sign in to follow this  
Kartofel

A potential Minecraft server. (DISCUSSION)

7 posts in this topic

Personnal idea: I was thinking of having GP establish a complete anarchy Minecraft server. It would be fun seeing the community also expand to Minecraft. Why an Anarchy server? Because building massive and elaborate lobbies for minigame or survival servers is far too time consuming and expensive for this community. On an Anarchy server, the amount of plugins necessary is also very minimal.

If GP were to establish a Minecraft server, what would it be?

Edited by Kartofel

We’ve had numerous Minecraft servers of varying game modes and each time they fail after a week or two 

Edited by Connor McJesus

1 hour ago, Connor McJesus said:

We’ve had numerous Minecraft severs of varying game modes and each time they fail after a week or two 

this is usually the result

2 hours ago, Connor McJesus said:

We’ve had numerous Minecraft severs of varying game modes and each time they fail after a week or two 

oof. Welp, so much for that.

Anarchy wouldn’t do well even if Minecraft actually had a good player base for it. 2b2t is popular because it was the first server ever made.. servers don’t pop off quickly so it would kinda be wasting money.

we dont have a official one as every single one flops but we do have a bunch of unofficial ones in the gamepunch discord  

I would highly support a MC server and back in the day I used to develop for a Dutch server. I think if we would do this we would to get more in line with what e.g. Hypixel server does. Provide a great standard Survival experience which can port over to PvP with various other modes on the side to do something else then building. Though I’ve not been really playing in the past few years (I dipped when it got fully released) I would consider developing again if people actually want to see this. Especially due to the quality of 3rd party servers not being great most of the times (lag, mining blocks which reappear and all other types of nonsense) I think GP could add value in this by hosting a quality server.