Glow

Rule A08

How should rule A08 be worded?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How should rule A08 be worded?

• [A08] Harassment of other players, as well as racist terms and words that derive from racist terms, are not allowed.
    • [A08] Harassment, racial slurs, homophobic, discriminatory and bigoted terms are not allowed.

30 posts in this topic

If it were up to you, how would you word rule A08 on the Jailbreak server?

Feel free to have mature discussion below.

I think that it should be allowed towards your friends such as me and @Dunder going back and forth but if i say it too someone and they say that offends me then ill stop

• Like 2

No rule A08 , if faggot is allowed then allow all words unless somebody is blatantly harassing somebody , you cant single out one word , if im allowed to say faggot why cant i say the nword ? or why can i not call somebody a furry ?

• Like 6

this rule yea personally i don't have problems with it,, but i also understand the other side becouse i understand its not fun for people who are actualy gay to be called faggot and stuff ,, but at the other side i also think ,, tf its a fucking game ,, play gt5 on pc or ps4 or whatever you hear this shit all the time ,, call of duty also ,, its been using everywhere in the gaming word all over the world. i would say put the staff in the midle of it ,, if a person ask to stop calling him that ,, then just stop ,, if they don't listen he gets punished. thats my opinion about it.

Posted (edited)

Stupid PC shit like this is what broke up Titanclan. Don't let it happen again.

Imo words are just that. WORDS. People who are offended by them clearly just have very fucking boring lives. I think that as long as they are not used as an INSULT TO HARASS PEOPLE it is totally fine.

I'm part of the LGBT community but I don't cry about people using the word faggot because that's fucking dumb. 

Can we shut up about this bullshit and just play some jailbreak now?

Edited by Luciλ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Redacted --- I have no opinion on this issue.

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

Too be honest I found the new rule the good way to put it. I personally find it ridiculous that people call each other retards but that be it. Especially the usage of faggot and whilst not allowing the n-word is weird to me. Faggot literally brings the same stigma to gay people as the n word does for coloured people.

• Like 1

I'm gonna keep this short because I know the people who cry about "freeze peach" in this community have a hard time reading long, nuanced, thought-out posts. I'm also not gonna sit here and waste my breath explaining my actual stance on this issue; I can see the writing on the wall and see where this community is going.

If you are considering allowing people to use words like f*****, as long as it isn't harassment, then why stop at the gamer word?
I am genuinely interested in what logic you are applying to this rule, that makes it so that the gamer word is banned, but all other slurs are okay.

Because any explanation you come up with can either be dismissed with logic like Luciλ used or applied to other slurs which would signify their need to be banned.

"Words are just words. People's feelings should not be taken into account. This is the internet. People are snowflakes. Free speech."
Etc. etc.

Either words have meaning and can hurt people, or they don't.

There is no in-between.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

let the people have what they want

allow the word faggot

allow the n word that ends with a 

this word isn't racist whatsoever

dont allow the n word that ends with r

Edited by Prometheus
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I agree with deedlebag most people think that I am a troll and indi even said I was never serious which greatly discredits any input I have. But the fact that I am taking time to make a forum post should give me some credit. Look even if I am a troll who has been banned in the past then why would I want the word faggot to be banned. I honestly care about this topic and I have spoke to staff about this before, if you allow one slur you have to allow them all or you will have to remove them all. Already the job of staff is too much for them to handle and get everything done. Why are a bunch of straight white people the arbiters of who and what is allowed and what isn't? It doesn't make any sense to me. Look just ban the word so the staff can have an easy time and be allowed to ban people. Like why defend homophobia while defending against racism? Just make fag bannable easy your mods to enforce not this subjective rule did they call their friend a fag etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

i agree with this totaly, but its too pedantic , people wont understand and it would cause alot more issues than before. this is advanced context were dealing with here :D

regardless of what happens here, if ur in the server insulting and harrasing someone using what every words. ur going to be "handled"

Edited by Pix le
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Either all of them are okay, or none of them are okay. I'm fine with both options, but if you're gonna get online and tell me not to use certain words but then use words that are just as offensive, I don't know why we're even talking rn. The n word that ends with an r should be allowed if the f word is allowed. "Im not harrassing anyone, right?????"

5.png

• Like 4

100% agree with @Ylli either they are all ok or not, there cannot be a middle ground. You have do draw the line somewhere and where it is drawn right now is questionable. I also agree with @Trimalchio's Afterparty that you cannot defend either racism nor homophobia because the words associated with them carry the same meaning and are intended to do the same thing, to demonize and stigmatize the group in question.

• Like 2

do you really need slurs when you have every other word at your disposal?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deedlebag said:

Either words have meaning and can hurt people, or they don't.

The people who choose to be offended by them are the people that give them power.

35 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

allow the word faggot

exactly this.

ok so just spent alot of time reading and ive realize that were trying to enforce rules onto a bunch of internet trolls/gamers/people wanting to chill relax and waste time who come from across the world from different cultures and backgrounds, words having different meanings and used in different ways. so I have a gay friend whos favorite word is the magic F word. so a gay man can love the word then someone els find it the worst thing possible? how r u suppose to moderate that? is it even possible to make both party's happy? the matter is that these situations where these words are used, need to be moderated induvial based on context and try and make the other person taking offence understands that there is no offence meant and that we r just having a laugh in a 16 year old game, because as much as we are individual people with emotions, this is a 16 year old game we play to get away from reality. I think the only right thing to do to make all cultures as happy as possible is to allow everything and moderate closely the context of where these words r being used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prometheus said:

allow the word faggot

^^^^ +1 This would probably work out pretty well. Maybe make the rule:

[A08]- Freedom of speech is welcome, unless it it racist or used to harass somebody. N-word with an -a is alright. The N-word with an -er, is very much unwelcome. 

(something along that line or somethin)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think it's obviously clear by most of the replies. This rule shouldn't be added. And like Bonkers said, if you're this thin skinned then go play roblox.

EDIT: basically, it's either all or ok, or none of it is

Edited by nu[logic]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my personal opinion, as well as some of the other opinions I have seen so far from others is that I agree that we can't let some go and let others be against the rules. For instance, the N word, I know from my past experience on servers we usually had it to where it was allowed with the "soft a" as long as you weren't using it to insult someone. But the "hard r" was STRICTLY off limits and was an instant day silence. And as for other words such as "faggot", or "retard", same goes for those, I don't see a problem with them as long as you're not using them to insult people. An example that comes to mind (I'm not complaining or trying to get retribution for it), I remember one time me and @Jordi were having a conversation about something because we described something as "retarded", I think we were talking about some sort of movement thing I don't quite remember. But it felt quite dumb that I got a gag for saying that in that context, and then the very next day I find out that it's okay to call someone a retard as long as they're you're friend? It was very confusing. I don't want to keep rambling on, so in short, I think everything should be allowed (Minus the Hard R) as long as it isn't being used to directly insult someone. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prometheus said:

allow the word faggot

this tbh

Posted (edited)

make two servers.

One jailbreak server that is 24/7 razor only and there are no rules restricting individual words unless a player feels targeted and wants it to stop being directed towards them (e.g. if you repeatedly say "hey you should blow your brains out irl princess strawberry you stupid faggot N*****"). In this scenario it would be up to the mods judgement to intervene. Being a 24/7 razor server would most likely attract the more OG players who grew up playing JB without the options of map games" and coincidentally also seem to be less sensitive to being picked on a little bit/being exposed to naughty offensive words. 

The second server can be the one with strictly enforced rules about restricted words and harassment. Different strokes for different folks and since GP seems to be able to afford multiple servers I see it as a viable solution. 

p.s. I am incredibly stoned so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. or sand or w/e the expression is

Edited by Princess Strawberry
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Princess Strawberry said:

make two servers.

One jailbreak server that is 24/7 razor only and there are no rules restricting individual words unless a player feels targeted and wants it to stop being directed towards them (e.g. if you repeatedly say "hey you should blow your brains out irl princess strawberry you stupid faggot N*****"). In this scenario it would be up to the mods judgement to intervene. Being a 24/7 razor server would most likely attract the more OG players who grew up playing JB without the options of map games" and coincidentally also seem to be less sensitive to being picked on a little bit/being exposed to naughty offensive words. 

The second server can be the one with strictly enforced rules about restricted words and harassment. Different strokes for different folks and since GP seems to be able to afford multiple servers I see it as a viable solution. 

p.s. I am incredibly stoned so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. or sand or w/e the expression is

i love this idea

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I won’t really say my thoughts on it but I think whatever decision is made should stick and should be long lastin so we wont have to keep having this dicussion. seems like the dicussion of the rule is divding us more than the word itself. Like to me I don't mind either option, whichever is the quickest to get added so the convo can be done and over with I'm cool with.

Edited by Chaos Boss

1 hour ago, Chaos Boss said:

seems like the dicussion of the rule is divding us more than the word itself

it's exactly what happened in titanclan.
everything was fine until people chose to start complaining or discussing the non-existent issue.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it