Sign in to follow this  
NoBreadInSpace

Origins of our Names

49 posts in this topic

Why did you decide to name yourself what you did?

I'll start,

I used to play a space sim game called elite dangerous with a friend. My friend and I took some quests from a hub to complete and one of them was to find bread. We searched every enemy, wrecked ship, and station to no avail leading us to conclude that there is no bread in space. I liked how offbeat the phrase sounded so I decided to roll with it.

Anyone have any similar stories?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwi_Warrior said:

I'm half a Kiwi, most of my family lives in New Zealand but I was born in the US :)

And are you a warrior?

Posted (edited)

me and like 5 other friends played clash royal together and we thought its cool if we have like a group name or something so each one used natural disasters and "attack" at the end like "tsunami attack, volcano attack, earthquake attack and me hurricane attack" fast forward 2 years and I still like the name "hurricane attack" but I throw the "attack" because its less OG.  

Edited by Hurricane
  • Like 1

I used to be really good at knife fighting with no block, back stab every time, earned the nick name assassin and well my real name is Mike.

Combined two favorite interests.

The legendary Godzilla of cars, Nissan Skyline (R34 was my favorite for the longest, has slowly shifted to the R32 recently)
and Corsair, solid PC brand (have had tons of Corsair gear, using a Air 540 for my case and their h100i CPU watercooler)

Honestly this is just a random name i ended up picking up and it just stuck with me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Kai said:

Honestly this is just a random name i ended up picking up and it just stuck with me.

So not because you are a Kai Greene fan? 😕

1 minute ago, Huge285 said:

So not because you are a Kai Greene fan? 😕

I have no clue who Kai Greene is🤨

• Sad 1

I'm a huge fan of early Simpsons. In Saturdays of Thunder from S3 Homer is trying to prove he knows his son and says Steve McQueen is Bart's hero despite it being Homer's hero instead. I liked the exchange a lot and I just rhymed with it.

https://comb.io/s5cNWP here's the scene I'm talking about.

Played with a group of people who all use Ohh as a tag before their names, my name is Dan, but that was borin so i went with Dandy which not only is catchy ,imo, but can be used in a multitude of sentences. It also appears to have the added bonus of getting me called daddy sometimes. A power i'm blessed with.

Chuck - nickname of my dad. First used it way back in 2013 with a game called Clash of Clans 

NK - NaturalKillers, my first Clash Royale clan me and my friends made when the game first came out 3 years ago. Sadly none of them play it anymore but I still keep the NK part because it has grown on me. 

Yes, I am heavily a clash nerd lol. 

22 hours ago, Ohhdandy said:

Played with a group of people who all use Ohh as a tag before their names, my name is Dan, but that was borin so i went with Dandy which not only is catchy ,imo, but can be used in a multitude of sentences. It also appears to have the added bonus of getting me called daddy sometimes. A power i'm blessed with.