REMOVE JB_LEGO_JAIL_V4

Twisted

This map is complete trash, can't have a real round without ts rebelling or staying in cells hiding. You pretty well have to be a straight up nazi and no one likes a nazi. This map is way too congested when there is a lot of players online its hard to get to a map game without some sort of problem and no one wants to go to simon says wall every round or the top of isolation ramp. There is times where everyone is listening to the wardens commands and the map is good but that time is rare.

lego.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Honestly yea.

There's that gun secret that faces the ramp off armory that typically gets atleast 1 CT each round.

+1

(Also nobody uses the massive amount of games on this map because they can't with all the points already listed)

+1. Like OP stated, this map is hardly fun. Usually rebels every round or a boring war day. 

isnt there a v8 version there is better?

or mby make a rip off of this map. the theme and idea behind the map is great, just poorly executed :)

Yea, as a person who plays CT on this map it’s impossible to keep the T’s in check. 

Theres no really good spot to line up the T’s other than Simon Says pit. And on their way there they can easily run away. Plus, when in Simon says put if a T starts shooting it’s hard to pinpoint nevertheless kill the rebeling T without:

a. Killing another T.

b. having another T pick up the dropped gun.

In my opinion this map is pretty trash and is way too T sided.

Edited by ThatsNotLogical
Bad English

the map is popular and constantly played for a reason

theres gonna be a handful of people who just flat-out hate it but as long as the map isn't getting RTV'd the moment it shows up (like beta_razor did) i dont think it should be removed.

its enjoyable to a lot of people, so it gets payed a bunch. wouldn't be fair to us to take the map away entirely to appeal to twisted and his evil lego-hating cronies ?

ps: twisted is taking megablox shill money

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ari said:

theres gonna be a handful of people who just flat-out hate it but as long as the map isn't getting RTV'd the moment it shows up (like beta_razor did) i dont think it should be removed.

It only gets nominated and chosen in rtv list cause its been around for ages and people tend to choose things that have been in memory for a long time rather than new maps. [IMO]

ps- im a paid megablox actor ari.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i don't like the idea of getting rid of a well designed map because it's simply too hard for you. just because it's not a map where you can mindlessly lollygag around as a CT doesn't mean it should get removed. maybe self-reflect and think about how you can get better before defaulting to 'i cant win so this map is trash'. but if your argument is that the map is too hard to warden on then by that argument, you need to get rid of razor as well. in lego, there's really only 4 vulnerable areas you need to be aware of if you're a CT. the small entryway to soccer near cell buttons that leads you to the usp room, the cell with the usp, the vent under the ramp, and the pool area. there's no way for Ts to inconspicuously get to armory besides the cell with the vent that seldom leads you there. besides the off-chance of that happening, there is no way a T can effectively get to armory without completely exposing themselves to the CTs. afaik, there are a total of 5 isolated weapons around the map. 4 usps and 1 deagle (that few people even know about). CTs are essentially fighting Ts whose best weapon is more often than not a usp. if you play your cards right as a CT and guard these vulnerable areas, even with shitty CTs with no aim, there should be no reason you can't win multiple rounds. in comparison, razor has 5x more secrets and an easy access teleport that leads you to armory. lego has a few shitty pistols lying around and no secret (90% of the time) that leads you to armory. if you can't kill a few rebelling Ts with dinky pistols when you have an ak/m4/awp, then sorry it's not the maps fault, you just kinda blow.

Edited by gov
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only thing that would come from removing this map is less people playing on the server. This is a staple JB map. It's on nearly every jb server, and it's an extremely popular map. I don't think removing it would be a good idea

Edited by Johnny Sins
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gov said:

i don't like the idea of getting rid of a well designed map because it's simply too hard for you. just because it's not a map where you can mindlessly lollygag around as a CT doesn't mean it should get removed. maybe self-reflect and think about how you can get better before defaulting to 'i cant win so this map is trash'. but if your argument is that the map is too hard to warden on then by that argument,

if you can't kill a few rebelling Ts with dinky pistols when you have an ak/m4/awp, then sorry it's not the maps fault, you just kinda blow.

What a bold insult gov, It's a suggestion of my point of view on the map. No need to come on here and start talking about my ability to warden and/or play the game, stop trying to instigate a fight over a suggestion in the "Suggestion" area. It is a suggestion not a final decision lol.

1 hour ago, Twisted said:

What a bold insult gov, It's a suggestion of my point of view on the map. No need to come on here and start talking about my ability to warden and/or play the game, stop trying to instigate a fight over a suggestion in the "Suggestion" area. It is a suggestion not a final decision lol.

it wasn't directed towards you specifically. just anybody who holds that opinion. i actually don't recall ever playing with you so i have no idea if you're good or bad. by no means was it a direct insult to you. funny how you read that entire paragraph and only came out offended though. take it as you will i guess

Edited by gov
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, gov said:

i don't like the idea of getting rid of a well designed map because it's simply too hard for you. just because it's not a map where you can mindlessly lollygag around as a CT doesn't mean it should get removed. maybe self-reflect and think about how you can get better before defaulting to 'i cant win so this map is trash'.

It seems you've ignored his point entirely. At no point did OP say it was too hard for himself, but rather in order to have a round without constant rebels you have to practically be a perfect CT.

15 hours ago, gov said:

if you can't kill a few rebelling Ts with dinky pistols when you have an ak/m4/awp, then sorry it's not the maps fault, you just kinda blow.

This is interesting to me. As a T, at least for me, the element of surprise is more than often use to kill CTs. Even with a pistol, damage can be done. An unskilled CT with an AK can lose to a skilled T with a USP, vice versa.

At the end of the day, I think it is more of an issue of certain maps being played too much. Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

I don't want this map removed, I love this map, and when there is a good warden and CTs that pay attention there is no problem controlling the T's and usually result in some of the most fun rounds of any JB map imo.

• Like 2

• Glow locked this topic