[Resolved] Jb/mg surf

since some maps on jb/mg have parts where there is surf why not increase sv_airaccelerate to 600 instead of 250. Im suggesting this because i was always used on surfing with sv_airaccelerate 600 and on 250 i found it increasingly hard to strafe around tight spaces.

Edited by Melon( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
becasue im unable to spell "this"

Most old-school surf maps were created with sv_airaccelerate on default (People didnt know it could be changed back then) Therefore most odf the surf servers who has it at 600 etc. is just to make it easier, because most (older) maps were created with default settings. I think it's just fine as it is, heck I'm against having it any higher on a surf server, since it would ruin the skill-elemt in surf, and turn it into something your dog could do. anyone can surf great with a high sv_airaccelerate.
I can't bhp for shit, even for how easy it is on our server, but I still think it should be harder honestly.
I don''t think we should be turning skill-based things, such as BHOP and surf into something that requires no skill, where is the fun in that?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Huge285 said:

Most old-school surf maps were created with sv_airaccelerate on default (People didnt know it could be changed back then) Therefore most odf the surf servers who has it at 600 etc. is just to make it easier, because most (older) maps were created with default settings. I think it's just fine as it is, heck I'm against having it any higher on a surf server, since it would ruin the skill-elemt in surf, and turn it into something your dog could do. anyone can surf great with a high sv_airaccelerate.
I can't bhp for shit, even for how easy it is on our server, but I still think it should be harder honestly.
I don''t think we should be turning skill-based things, such as BHOP and surf into something that requires no skill, where is the fun in that?

Idk man. I think older vets are more likely to dominate in these, especially when the stakes are high (Ex. "First two to finish get LR (out of 11 alive)). I just feel that most other gamemodes are balanced for equal play, why not all of them be for equal play. 

I agree that players who have more time spent on the game are likely to be better at it. That being said, these are not surf servers and if it's a struggle for less experienced players than it is only down to them to learn as in most other areas of JB / MG there are things people are going to be good at. 

It'd be silly to try and change a bunch of settings to suit new players as personally I find enjoyment out of being better than someone, and complete and utter face bashing anger when someone else is better, so i strive to get the right console settings to become a lar....I mean i practise etc.

Though I agree it would be more attractive to new players to think they can do something equally as well as an OG css player, it'd also be unfair to the people who have 12+ years to face a balance because they worked to be good. It's a double edge sword. Piss off old players and make new ones feel like they are good or do nothing and keep CSS how it should be. 

TL:DR I agree with huge.

5 hours ago, Melon( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

since some maps on jb/mg have parts where there is surf why not increase sv_airaccelerate to 600 instead of 250. Im suggesting this because i was always used on surfing with sv_airaccelerate 600 and on 250 i found it increasingly hard to strafe around tight spaces.

The surfing on JB is quite beatable with 250. I think it's good if there's a skill gap because this will reward players who have put in the practice and time to become skilled at the map games

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melon( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

git gud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I find surfing easy on anything tbh, and I suck at surfing. I somehow beat everyone. But I have played css for 12 years, so...

• Like 1

I believe thats decided per map cvars if I am not mistaken. Not sure if I can set overrides for that.

• 1 month later...

H2hbo1s.pngRESOLVED

Thank you for your input/suggestion! This thread has been locked.