Jump to content

Poor Mic + Warden = Trouble


StealthySock
 Share

Recommended Posts

I can sometimes find myself listening to a warden with a garbage mic. This can lead to difficult orders and a lot of "repeat? REPEAT?? WHY WAS I FREEKILLED WTF!!1!" in the chat. I want to discuss the option of having these scenarios avoided by having CTs that have poor mic quality to be voted off of being warden or even being CT, by the T team or by a moderator online. I am for this, because it can lead to difficulty and unecessary tedious errors and unexpected kills (although unexpected kills aren't necessarily against the rules at all, it leads to the "wtf why was I freekilled hello???" in chat and people end up raging because they couldn't hear orders properly).

I propose that wardens that have poor mic quality could potentially be voted off of being warden for a map or two because of the poor quality and difficulty in understanding them. this could be regulated/managed by any moderators or higher staff online at the time. I would like to hear other opinions on this particular subject.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what your saying, but it would be unfair to kick someone off the CT team because of a bad mic. 

I have a bad mic, but I don't usually take warden. 

@ADΛM what about the people who don't have the best of mic's, but are really good at their role being CT? 

The T"s could just lie and say bad mic and kick them from CT and repeatedly use the system to kick good wardens that they dislike.

This is all my opinion I do not want anyone taking offense to it.

Have a good rest of the day/night and see in-game soon!

Edit: If I misunderstood this sorry!

Edited by Karma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion obliviously if a CT's mic is so bad that the orders are inaudible , then of-course all  online admins or present mods need to do is tell them to fix their mic, then if they don't and we still can't understand the orders we'll type /rw. However, if the audio and orders are relatively clear, then there's no need to kick them off from being warden. Even text warden's shouldn't be un-wardened.  This is another reason we have repeats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As always, please reach out to a Mod+ if you are having concerns with a Warden/CT. The Mod+ Team would assess the Warden/CT and remove them if needed. This is the best way to handle this situation. If a Mod+ is not available in server, please use the !report feature. Thanks!

 

-----------------------------------------

23 minutes ago, ADΛM said:

I propose that wardens that have poor mic quality could potentially be voted off of being warden for a map or two because of the poor quality and difficulty in understanding them.

This is not needed, especially if you follow the steps I mentioned above. There is no need to create a new system when the one we have works great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Karma said:

I have a bad mic, but I don't usually take warden. 

@ADΛM what about the people who don't have the best of mic's, but are really good at their role being CT? 

The T"s could just lie and say bad mic and kick them from CT and repeatedly use the system to kick good wardens that they dislike.

 -You don't need to have a great mic to be CT, i didn't say that, this also goes for people who are generally good at CT

-Ts lying could be regulated by the moderators or staff present on the server

@Chaos Boss My point was that unclear directions or misheard directions can sometimes come from poor mic quality, and this results in borderline spam of "repeats" in chat. I want to avoid this more often but i see your general point.

14 minutes ago, Nation said:

As always, please reach out to a Mod+ if you are having concerns with a Warden/CT. The Mod+ Team would assess the Warden/CT and remove them if needed. This is the best way to handle this situation. If a Mod+ is not available in server, please use the !report feature. Thanks!

 

I admit I was unaware that there was a system was already in place and realize that Nation has a perfect point, why change this system if a better one is already in place. I honestly feel pretty dumb for not realizing this could be already a thing so I feel no further discussion is needed. I fully agree with Nation and apologize for proposing a new idea when this is clearly a better option.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Nation locked this topic
1 hour ago, Nation said:

As always, please reach out to a Mod+ if you are having concerns with a Warden/CT. The Mod+ Team would assess the Warden/CT and remove them if needed. This is the best way to handle this situation. If a Mod+ is not available in server, please use the !report feature. Thanks!

See above.

.:RESOLVED:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...