Map I'm Working On (jb_luxury)

heffy

Working on a jailbreak map. Here's what is done at about 25% progress. Going to add a lot more. Let me know your thoughts so far, and any suggestions of things you'd like to see in the map.

• Like 1

I really like the color scheme and the overall map design. I would suggest either a line at the bottom of cell stairs or a lowerable pit (like on that one minecraft map) to have the Ts be somewhere before using the game area in front of cells. Just an idea though. Look slike it is going to be an amazing map! Great work!

I like it so far! love the aesthetics, looks really good, cant wait to play it! 

Also can you point me to a tut on textures changing materials? I've had a hard time finding anything about toggling textures  

Looks sleek and tidy mate. Keep at it, get some creative games in there too, try thinking outside the box lad with some game ideas. Mixes up your map a bit and makes it a little bit more iconic. Add some strafe race/ski mountain/lava run/cannon games just to add some flavour to the map rather than it looking like a different layout of a map with copy and pasted assets games (Not saying you do that btw). 

Introduce more games so you influence other mappers to add different types of games too bro.

Other than that keep at it bro, you know what you're doing ?

8 hours ago, Nation said:

I really like the color scheme and the overall map design. I would suggest either a line at the bottom of cell stairs or a lowerable pit (like on that one minecraft map) to have the Ts be somewhere before using the game area in front of cells. Just an idea though. Look slike it is going to be an amazing map! Great work!

yo ty !

its kinda hard to see but there’s a white line in front of cells and a little platform for opinion days etc. and the pit kind of serves that purpose before the game buttons are pressed.

36 minutes ago, Spud said:

I like it so far! love the aesthetics, looks really good, cant wait to play it! 

Also can you point me to a tut on textures changing materials? I've had a hard time finding anything about toggling textures  

much love. and do you mean having blocks turn on and off? if so that’s just a func_wall_toggle with a button outputting “toggle”. otherwise i’m not sure what u mean.

36 minutes ago, plum/moofinz said:

Looks sleek and tidy mate. Keep at it, get some creative games in there too, try thinking outside the box lad with some game ideas. Mixes up your map a bit and makes it a little bit more iconic. Add some strafe race/ski mountain/lava run/cannon games just to add some flavour to the map rather than it looking like a different layout of a map with copy and pasted assets games (Not saying you do that btw). 

Introduce more games so you influence other mappers to add different types of games too bro.

Other than that keep at it bro, you know what you're doing ?

thanks man! i added a smash cannon room today and have been thinking about what else i can add that pushes the envelope. im thinking of adding an outdoor stage area for music. appreciate the suggestions. gonna keep thinking of ideas

D07C3E6F-94DC-4335-AFE3-CE98ED33BE5B.jpeg

17 minutes ago, heffy said:

D07C3E6F-94DC-4335-AFE3-CE98ED33BE5B.jpeg

Holy crap I remember that game! Brings back memories!

As for what Im talking about, say you have a button that opens a door. But you add an output that can change the color of the button depending on the position of the door. 

So you press button, output opens door, locks button, and changes the color of the button from black to white. Then onpresslocked unlock, close door, changes the color back to black. Follow me?

Another fun edition would be of a simple on/off button for music in the VIP cell. Doesnt need to be a list of songs, just one really good one that can be turned on/off there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud said:

Holy crap I remember that game! Brings back memories!

As for what Im talking about, say you have a button that opens a door. But you add an output that can change the color of the button depending on the position of the door. 

So you press button, output opens door, locks button, and changes the color of the button from black to white. Then onpresslocked unlock, close door, changes the color back to black. Follow me?

shiiit i know what you mean but i have no idea how i/o’s work in terms of coloring sorry

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Yooooo that armory design what was the original map that had that, I've been tryna remember it for the longest

ba_jail_jeff ! i made that map too. i made a private better version of that it’s in the map suggestions thread. i’m tryna get it back on gp.