Change the rule for Auto-Pickup

DemNoodlez

So we all have been a victim of this and I understand how it might be a "just change the setting thing" but honestly this rule only encourages those who have a thirst to kill to kill the person. Some people we acquire that are new are quickly leaving after being killed and its ruining our popularity. We should implement a new rule stating that if the T doesn't quickly holster the gun, A warning will be issued by a non warden before clapping dem cheeks. What ya'll think? lets revert back?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DemNoodlez said:

So we all have been a victim of this and I understand how it might be a "just change the setting thing" but honestly this rule only encourages those who have a thirst to kill to kill the person. Some people we acquire that are new are quickly leaving after being killed and its ruining our popularity. We should implement a new rule stating that if the T doesn't quickly holster the gun, A warning will be issued by a non warden before clapping dem cheeks. What ya'll think? lets revert back?

I dont even think it is a rule to kill Ts that pull out a gun i could be wrong, but i do agree why do we have to change are setting for auto equip. Like its a domino effect for some wardens the last dude on the left or right starts shooting he dies and then the next guy picks it up and dies cause he didnt change his setting and it just keeps going down the line until someone doesnt pull it out. Im pretty sure a guy thats just standing there frozen  that gets the drop guy poses no threat just tell him to go drop it :l.

I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't want this rule added. This is only because I like to kill T's for whatever reason I can find. Some people may cry about this and say I ruin players experiences, but whenever I warden the round will never last more than 3-4 minutes. This way the player can quickly learn from their mistake and turn off auto-pickup so it doesn't happen again and not have to wait 10+ mins so whatever garbage warden can finish the round. 

1 hour ago, DemNoodlez said:

We should implement a new rule stating that if the T doesn't quickly holster the gun

This would only cause problems in my mind.

How quick is quickly?

I see this being abused with T's passing guns and shit like that.

Having a message in chat being posted regularly by mods/console mentioning that you should turn off autoweapon switch or you may be killed is the smartest idea in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prometheus said:

I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't want this rule added. This is only because I like to kill T's for whatever reason I can find. Some people may cry about this and say I ruin players experiences, but whenever I warden the round will never last more than 3-4 minutes. This way the player can quickly learn from their mistake and turn off auto-pickup so it doesn't happen again and not have to wait 10+ mins so whatever garbage warden can finish the round. 

This would only cause problems in my mind.

How quick is quickly?

I see this being abused with T's passing guns and shit like that.

You say garbage warden but being a nazi trying to kill Ts for the smallest thing, in my mind makes you one of those garbage wardens lol. Being the warden is to make the game fun and have a creative mind so everyone can enjoy playing on the server, if your the only one having fun then maybe you shouldnt take warden.

How would it cause a problem if they pass the gun off then you kill the guy that passes the guy not that hard. 

And does quickly really have to defind, if they have the gun out longer then at least a few seconds then kill them, but killing every T that picks the gun up after words makes you trash.

3 minutes ago, Fudge_Packah said:

You say garbage warden but being a nazi trying to kill Ts for the smallest thing, in my mind makes you one of those garbage wardens lol. Being the warden is to make the game fun and have a creative mind so everyone can enjoy playing on the server, if your the only one having fun then maybe you shouldnt take warden.

How would it cause a problem if they pass the gun off then you kill the guy that passes the guy not that hard. 

And does quickly really have to defind, if they have the gun out longer then at least a few seconds then kill them, but killing every T that picks the gun up after words makes you trash.

we have different definitions of "garbage"

i see a garbage warden as somebody who doesn't know how to progress a round.

back in the day when 70% of people DIDNT rebel this rule would of been very unnessasery,

but these days 70% of people WILL rebel and having a gun and being able to switch is so quick  would be hugley detrimental to the gameplay of CTs when the flow of gameplay recently has been very much rebel rounds fucked restart we do not need to be giving Ts an easier time to rebel

see problem is creating a balance in the gameplay, runescape has made a great example of this, OSRS the oldschool version of the game was released and was defined with polls by the community. so the public made the game changes. thats lead to ALOT of unbalanced content. RS3 there new updated game, every update they release is to balance another mechanic out. sometimes to maintain the balance of gameplay you have to do something that the community isnt going to be backing 100%

so the real question here is how often is this actualy a problem and is changing it going to cause MORE issue down the line?

Edited by Pix le
  • Like 1

delete this i condenced the 2 posts :P

Edited by Pix le

5 minutes ago, Pix le said:

back in the day when 70% of people DIDNT rebel this rule would of been very unnessasery,

but these days 70% of people WILL rebel and having a gun and being able to switch is so quick  would be hugley detrimental to the gameplay of CTs when the flow of gameplay recently has been very much rebel rounds fucked restart we do not need to be giving Ts an easier time to rebel

Yeah because back in the day there were other map to play with fun map games , now all everyone wants is razor.

1 minute ago, Fudge_Packah said:

Yeah because back in the day there were other map to play with fun map games , now all everyone wants is razor.

#RemoveRazor!!!

16 minutes ago, Pix le said:

so the real question here is how often is this actualy a problem and is changing it going to cause MORE issue down the line?

i mean i not saying it should be a rule but, it should be just considered like if a dude dies with a gun and it gets picked up dont just clap him right after lol, and im with you Pix 

#RemoveRazor

it would be nice to be able to stop someone from shooting someone who picks it up auto switches and dosnt even move and they get killed ye thats out of order tbh and i have tried to stop it before just with nothing to back me lol but that will be a very hard one to moderate as you need to be looking at the exact right time every time 

3 hours ago, _maladaptiveDeviant said:

No. Turn the setting off.

Maladaptive has spoken guys. It is over. 🤣😂🤣🤣

no reasoning. Just straight dry about it. 

• Like 1

-1 this is a dumb idea rlly esp the part where you would have to wait a warn a guy for holding a gun as non warden. Its real life 2021?

I think that the rules should not be changed. Otherwise, how should the ct's know the difference between a noob and someone who is sufficient and can just flick and kill someone. People need less than 1 second to aim and click heads, so warning is already too late.
What I do think is that is the warden's responsibility to not slaughter off the whole stack and try to differentiate between newer players that don't understand the mechanics and old players that just pull out a gun to kill.

Edited by Makaj
Gramatical/spelling errors

On 7/24/2021 at 6:12 AM, DemNoodlez said:

there are going to be piece of shit t's that will use this as an advantage to kill ct's

huge -1.

Personally I think the rule as it written now is fine.

• Like 3

the rule is perfectly fine, I've had so many instances where i give the people a chance to drop it and then they flick to me and kill me.

they will learn from their mistakes, once they die once to the auto pickup there is a very high chance they complain and someone tells them to turn it off and they usually do.

Please dont change this rule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2